No Bones about It; Injury Related Arthritis Hurts
If you have heard about post-traumatic arthritis, chances are that you were looking at or hearing about arthritis injury information. Arthritis itself is when a joint becomes inflamed, causing stiffness and pain. The condition typically gets worse with age, and the two most common types are rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. In many cases, the arthritis is brought on by an injury, which is called post-traumatic arthritis.
At miVIP Surgery Centers, we have minimally invasive technological joint replacement surgery options that will help to relieve the pain of any type of arthritis you suffer from, including an injury related condition. Understanding arthritis injury information such as causes and symptoms will lead you to finding the proper treatment.
Injury related arthritis is caused by multiple things. In some situations, the individual may be prone to arthritis already, due to medical or genetic issues. In other cases, the condition is strictly brought on by an injury. Some of the injuries that may cause this and require joint replacement surgery include:
- Sports Injuries
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Military Injuries
Arthritis injury information states that the following are some of the most common symptoms for injury related arthritis:
- Pain in the joint
- Accumulation of fluid in the joint
- Inability to tolerate walking or other physical activities that put stress on the joint
- Swelling around the joint
- Redness surrounding the joint
- Pain immediately following a fall, a crash, or another similar event
There are several treatment options that you can take a look at before choosing which route to go. Your medical professional will be able to describe the various options and help you to decide which minimally invasive technique is right for you. At miVIP, our highly qualified surgeons perform:
- Joint Replacement Surgery – Most commonly performed on the hip and knee, this minimally invasive surgery replaces the ends of the bones that are n the damaged joint. This creates a new surface in the joint. Replacement joints are them attached; sometimes with cement, and sometimes without.
- Reconstructive Arthroplasty – This procedure is a partial joint replacement surgery. Our surgeons can reshape the bones and replace portions of or entire joints with plastic and/or metal parts.
Arthritis patients will each have a different outlook before and after treatment. In the best case scenario, patients who are diagnosed and treated early on will have a more comfortable life, free of too much pain. In many cases, post-traumatic arthritis is often easy to combat with proper treatment, surgery, exercise, and/or medication.
For more arthritis injury information, contact miVIP Surgery Centers at 855-496-4847 to speak to a representative.