Bariatric Surgery Procedures
Get Control of your Weight Once and for All with Bariatric Surgery Procedures
Common Bariatric Procedures Performed By miVIPmiVIP performs these bariatric surgery procedures which are also offered with the highly technical tool: the da Vinci SI Surgical System®:
- Gastric Band: surgeons install a band around the stomach to modulate the consumption of food. This band is made of an adjustable silicone material, for maximum flexibility and control. This surgery is reversible.
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery: this surgery reshapes and reduces the stomach to the approximate size and shape of a banana. It aids diet programs by making patients feel fuller, faster. It does not affect the intestinal absorption, as does gastric bypass surgery. This is a very effective surgery: patients can lose up to 55% of their body weight in the two to three year period following surgery.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: this surgery involves removing part of the stomach and reconnecting it at some point past the midpoint of the small intestine. Both robotic and non-robotic options are available with this procedure. The da Vinci gastric bypass is typically recommended for patients with a BMI greater than 50. It offers the fastest and greatest weight loss results. However, it is not reversible.
Bariatric ConditionsBariatrics concerns the underlying causes, prevention, and treatment of obese individuals. (Obesity refers to excess body fat in contrast to overweight, which refers to excessive weight from all contributors: bone, muscle, fat, and water.) A person can determine whether they are obese by measuring their percent body fat. The levels for obesity are 25% for men, 30% for women. (This is different from the body mass index or BMI, often used as an alternate measurement by health care professionals.)
SymptomsThese symptoms include:
- High blood cholesterol
- Coronary heart disease
- Open Surgery: this is generally the most effective treatment for many conditions, but requires significant post-operative attention and a length stay in the hospital.
- Minimally invasive surgery: laparoscopic surgery requires smaller incisions administered under endoscopic (tiny camera control). It is not suitable for all procedures. The da Vinci system offers an advanced way to perform outpatient surgical procedures.
Contact or Visit Us for More InformationIf you would like to know more about miVIP bariatric procedures and see if you may qualify for outpatient surgery, please feel free to contact us at 855-496-4847.
We have locations at