Get the Help and Relief You Need from Dyspareunia with miVIP Surgeons
If you’re a woman who’s ever experienced pain during intercourse, then you might have dyspareunia, which an experienced and highly regarded miVIP surgeon is more than able to help you with. miVIP Surgery Centers can work with your gynecologist to help get you the treatment that you need for your dyspareunia with the help of a minimally invasive and cutting edge surgery.
Dyspareunia is the official medical term for painful intercourse, which is identified as either a recurring or chronic genital pain that can happen either before, during or after sexual intercourse. An experienced doctor of gynecology can help you determine whether or not you actually have dyspareunia.
DiagnosisDyspareunia can be diagnosed with:
- A detailed history, which will include your sexual history
- A physical examination where a doctor looks for signs of endometriosis, tenderness and abnormal masses
- A variety of laboratory tests
- If your doctor has an idea of what might be causing your discomfort and pain, then they might recommend a pelvic ultrasound
CausesThere are a variety of causes for dyspareunia, including:
- Insufficient lubrication
- Skin problems, such as eczema
- A urinary tract or genital area infection
- Vaginismus, which is the involuntary spasming of the muscles in the vaginal wall
- Surgical scarring
- History of sexual abuse
SymptomsSymptoms of dyspareunia include:
- Pain only at sexual penetration
- Pain when using a tampon, or with every penetration
- Pain or discomfort with certain partners
- Aching pain
- Intense pain during thrusting
Treatment OptionsSome of the most successful treatments for dyspareunia are gynecological procedures like laparoscopic surgery, which is also effective for treating endometriosis, which can cause dyspareunia. With laparoscopic surgery, a small incision is made just below your navel and a tiny viewing instrument is inserted through the incision in order to remove the harmful endometrial tissue.
Non-surgical treatment options for dyspareunia are:
- Individual therapy
- Couple therapy
- Topical anaesthetics
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Behavioral therapy
Get in Touch With Us Today
miVIP surgeons and surgical staff are some of the absolute best in the world who are committed to total patient satisfaction and care. We only use the most cutting edge medical and surgical technology for each of our patients. If you’d like to sit down with a world class miVIP surgeon to learn more about dyspareunia, give us a call today at 855-496-4847.
- Laparoscopic Surgery