About Orthopedic Arthritis
Information that You may already Feel in Your BonesOrthopedic arthritis is basically a condition that affects the bones and cartilage of a joint and is often brought on without injury. At miVIP Surgery Centers, our medical professionals will diagnose and treat your arthritis with our minimally invasive and technologically advanced orthopedic surgery options. Whether you require wrist surgery or knee arthroscopy, our non-robotic procedures ensure a speedy and complete recovery from arthritis and other similar ailments.
There is not one main cause of orthopedic arthritis, which is why it is important for each individual to be in tune with their own body. Knowing what some of the causes and symptoms are will help you to find the treatment option that is right for you.
CausesThere are two main types of arthritis; osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The causes are different for each type, with some that are the same for both. Some of the most common causes and risk factors for arthritis include:
- Age – As you get older, your cartilage typically becomes more brittle. With age, your cartilage is less able to repair itself. This can cause the agitation of bone on bone, resulting in arthritis.
- Genetics – Genetics often play a role in developing rheumatoid arthritis. Professionals do not completely understand how this happens, but genetics do play a part in the causes of the condition.
- Weight – If the joints are required to support more than is necessary, they can begin to become damaged as the cartilage wears away and the bones begin to rub against each other.
SymptomsOrthopedic arthritis symptoms can be very painful. While they will be different for each individual, the following are some of the more common symptoms that will indicate a possible diagnosis of arthritis and the need for wrist surgery or other similar procedures:
- Pain in and surrounding the joints
- Stiffness and decreased motion of the joints
- Swelling and redness of the joints and surrounding area
TreatmentDue to the cause and degree of your orthopedic arthritis, the treatment options will be different than the next patient. At miVIP, we offer innovative solutions and minimally invasive procedures that will leave you feeling and functioning better. Some of our treatment options include:
- Knee Arthroscopy – Using a small camera, our surgeons examine and repair the joint of the knee through a small incision.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy – The repair of the joint of the shoulder using a small camera inserted into a skin incision in the shoulder.
- Wrist Surgery – A minimally invasive technique used to relieve the pain and cure arthritis in the wrist.
PrognosisAfter arthritis treatment, it is important to pay attention to your body in order to stay in good health. Our surgeries are minimally invasive and typically have you on your feet again much quicker than any other method. Depending on the cause of your arthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight, participate in activities that do not put too much strain on your joints, and ensure that you take any medication that your doctor recommends.
Whether you think you are a candidate for wrist surgery, or if you simply want more information on our minimally invasive procedures for arthritis, contact miVIP Surgery Centers at 855-496-4847.
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Wrist Surgery