Dr. Shawn Tsuda
Dr. Shawn Tsuda is a board-certified general surgeon. He specializes in minimally invasive surgical techniques including the robotic sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, revisional bariatric surgery, hiatal hernia, Linx procedure, anti-reflux surgery, hernia surgery and upper endoscopy.
As an innovator, Dr. Tsuda is the first and only surgeon in Nevada certified in the LINX Reflux Management System for patients with severe gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Dr. Tsuda completed his undergraduate education at the University of Hawaii and his medical degree at the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine. He then went on to complete his residency in general surgery at the University of Nevada School of Medicine and a fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery at Harvard Medical School.
- Minimally Invasive Bariatric Fellowship at Harvard
- Published in peer-reviewed journals
- First place in the Top Gun Laparoscopic Skills Shoot-Out at the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons meeting, 2008
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Chair of Technology in the Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Has trained hundreds of surgeons in robotic surgical techniques
- Robotic Surgery for: Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Hiatl Hernia
- Linx Procedure
- Anti-Refulx Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Upper Endoscopy
At miVIP Surgery Centers, Dr. Tsuda is performing numerous procedures using the most advanced technology. Using these techniques, patients can expect numerous benefits and outstanding outcomes.